[C320-list] 12 volt receptacle

Jason Alexander alexander.jason at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 11:46:55 PST 2008

This is kind of a crazy idea but it's something I did one my Catalina
28.     After running the power and sensor wires for the ST60
Wind/Depth/Speed and Autopilot I didn't have enough room to run
additional wires for a 12 volt line.   Because I had put in extra
large wire for the autopilot I spliced into that line and on the
bottom of my nav pod I drilled a hole for  1/2 inch mono headphone
jack.   I installed that jack and wired it to the 12 volt line.  Once
it was installed I made an adapter from a 1/2 inch headphone jack to a
12 volt socket.   So when I wanted to run my 12 volt GPS I could just
plug this in.

When I didn't want the socket I just pulled the plug.

Jason