[C320-list] New C375 at NE Boat Show

Arthur Freedman saltyvet at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 13 14:23:41 PST 2008

I just returned from the NE Boat Show and viewing the new C375.

I feel that it is a well planned out boat for what it offers.  The
forward stateroom has an island bed, about the same as on my 310.
The aft stateroom has a queen size athwardship bed with head on the
port side.  Minimum headroom,  need to watch head getting in and out.
The main salon is large , but ? not as large as on the C870.  The
galley is well laid out with double sink and front loading refer/
freezer.
There is a real separate shower stall with a curtain vs a glass door.
Electric head and unusual holding tank above  and outboard of the head
so it will gravity drain.   a very short passage from the head to the
holding tank.  The closeness of the HT should eliminate the plugging
of the head to HT hose as occurs frequently on my 310.  The cockpit is
large and the new hidden swim ladder is great. You can now get on at
the stern and not have to do gymnastic to get around the raised swim
ladder to get on the boat from the launch.    Typical line of the
Catalina.  One possible problem, which needs to be address is the
design of the anchor well hatch.  The raised area on the forward
portion does not allow total opening of the hatch.  This cylinder
shaped area, to allow for the lines, touches the bow pulpit stanchion
at about 75% opening of the hatch to the starboard.  Either reposition
the stanchions or reposition the bump.   The folding wheel is great
and there is plenty of storage in the starboard stern lazaretts.
Over all, I like the boat and it seems to have incorporated the best
of the 387, 350.  I have pictures of the boat and spec sheet,  and I
will send them off the list.

Arthur Freedman
Ivy Girl, C310