[C320-list] GFO Packing

Amirault Family - S&B amiraults at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 17 14:03:56 PST 2008

I am a C320 owner...and I leak. I want to stop.

I intend to tackle the stuffing box this spring before launch.  I have
looked at the archives regarding stuffing box packing and the consensus is
that GFO is the way to go. I have seen quoted both 3/16 three ring and ¼ two
ring. Is there a consensus on which size and number of layers is correct?

I have looked for online product availability in Canada and have had no
luck. If some knows of a Canadian source would you let me know? Failing that
what is the preferred US mail order source for this product?

Regards;

Brian Amirault

797 Waltzing Bear, too