[C320-list] They Say You Want A Resolution

esquirecatering at rcn.com esquirecatering at rcn.com
Tue Jan 1 15:58:27 PST 2008

Pretty funny about sailing off the ends of the earth.  Regretfully, for me, miles and hours relate to days.  Because of family, work, and other commitments I don't usually get out for more than 10 hours from home to home.  That is on the high end.  To get to a new area for me is at least a 12 hour trip.  However, no one complains about sailing on San Francisco Bay.

Adding up miles is a fun ego goal.  It started last year when I said "I wonder if we can break 1,000?"  There were actually a number of days (four in the past month, and today) where I could have gone out but there was no wind--a common winter problem here.  Thus mileage becomes an issue.

Oh yes, it is nearly a mile from my slip to sailing area and a mile, obviously, back.  This, of course, means that a minimum trip is 2 miles.  Last year the shortest was under seven miles and the longest was nearly 60.  I long for the day when cruising is an option, but unlike Orlando, it won't be soon.

Warmest and Happiest New Years to All,

Adam