[C320-list] funky fuel

Gene Musante gmusante at msn.com
Tue Jan 8 13:15:43 PST 2008

You Most likely have bacterial growth and water in your fuel.  The white smoke indicates water for sure.  In your case, it sounds like a tank clean-out is the best fix.

I wanted to recommend a diesel fuel conditioner I have been using for about 4 years to keep diesel clean.  It is made by Startron, and is blue in color.  You can get it at West Marine.   You add a few ounces each time you tank up.  It is an enzyme based product which "eats" the bacterial growth and water in the fuel and makes it flow freely through your engine.  It cleans up your valves, and is supposed to boost your engine power through the cleaning which is done in the engine.

I have had no problems at all since an initial problem in 2004 caused by a thrashing we took in short choppy seas which churned up the contents of the tank.  causing my primary and secondary filters to clog and reduce engine power significantly.Gene Musante  617-755-0680  gmusante at msn.com
AFFINITY
Hull#68