[C320-list] Servicing Winches

Allan S. Field allan.field at comcast.net
Tue Jan 8 17:43:09 PST 2008

I use mineral oil in a small bucket and a tooth brush (Linda's, not mine) to
clean the winches.  I let the parts soak for about 5-10 minutes and wear
rubber gloves then place the parts on paper towels on top of a cardboard box
to absorb the oil that drips off.  When you take the winch apart, lay the
parts out on the paper towels and box in the same way they came off, clean
them in order, and place them back in the same place.  Makes reassembly much
easier.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD