[C320-list] Install Raymarine Autopilot and Garmin GPS

Bill Culbertson billculb_a2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 21:09:29 PST 2008

FWIW my boat came from the factory with autopilot on its own breaker, separate from

the nav. instruments breaker.  I know the Raymarine manual recommends dedicated power

lines to the AP rather than powering from Seatalk bus but it doesn't say anything per se about

a dedicated separate breaker.  It does say it needs a 12A fuse or breaker.  Relevant section on page 51 is:

• The autopilot requires its own dedicated power supply – it cannot

source its power from SeaTalk. However, it can be used to supply

power to other SeaTalk instruments.

• You must fit a12 A fuse (or equivalent circuit breaker) to the

+12 V supply.

My fluxgate is in the location Jon and Rollie describe.  Pictures on 320 website at: http://www.catalina320.com/gallery/Harmony-859-misc-technical

 -bill