[C320-list] Kiwi Prop

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Sat Jan 12 22:19:26 PST 2008

Doug

I bought mine from a dealer in Vancouver, delivered to WA state. I've had it
2 seasons now and would recommend it to anyone. Good performance, my
Wednesday race buddies were envious as I moved through the fleet, and at a
great price. It's unique in the materials used and the fact that each blade
feathers independently in-line with the water flow under the hull. We
definitely go faster under sail, particularly noticeable in light air. It
backs down very quickly but loads up the  engine in reverse; lots of helm
control backing down. The pitch is not adjustable in reverse, so you need to
get used to the loaded engine and quick speeds. It's about the same in
forward under power as our old fixed 3 blade prop, which is good.

Kirk