[C320-list] Fwd: Re: Shore power

Karl Mielenhausen _/) c320 at suddenlink.net
Tue Jan 15 13:45:27 PST 2008

Thanks to all for the heads-up on this particular problem.
Due to the close proxmity of my hull number (690), I made a point of
inspecting my Hubbell connector today.
The 3 male prongs were all corrosion-free and the 3 wires all appeared OK
 from the lazarette. I pulled the 4 screws attaching the receptacle to the
transom to give the wires a closer inspection, just to be sure. All is OK
(for now) but I intend to add this to my annual inspection list. I also
suggest checking the power cord for damaged prongs, corrosion at either
end, and a damaged cover, at least annually.
I don't run air conditioning and have fairly low AC current requirements,
so that also may be a factor.

--
Karl Mielenhausen
Catalina 320 Hull 690