[C320-list] Web Forum ?

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 10:31:26 PST 2008

IMHO, it reveals a bit of the evidence of the history of our development. We
originally were two distinct services with a largely common membership, a
website maintained by C320IA  volunteers and an email listserv hosted by a
third party. The third party hosting went through business development
issues and in the meantime we had grown in size, maturity and with some very
able volunteer help, to a point that we were able go independent of the
hosting entity and host everything through the website.

There were comments among the members at that time that some favored an
email list and others preferred a BB format. Since we had the expertise and
resources, we have both.

I perceive that the list has largely won out in terms of activity and assume
that many who check email regularly prefer the immediacy of response that
venue offers. As most of our membership don't seem to camp out on the board
the way that some on other forums do I speculate that C320 IA members that
have a strong preference for boards are more likely attracted to the more
active boards such as sailboatowners.com or cruisersforum.com.

--
Chris Burti
Farmville, NC