[C320-list] Mainsheet and Traveler Control Lines

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Sun Jan 27 11:46:38 PST 2008

Brian,

Some 320s are rigged with the traveler lines passing through cam cleats, some newer models pass thru stoppers. I think what you want to do is impossible only if you have sheet stoppers. I have the cam cleats and much prefer that setup. If you have the stoppers you can add cam cleats on the coach roof as others have done.

I don't see why you would need to run the lines all the way back to the helm or on the sides of the cabin as others have done. Preferring to keep things simple, I just drape the tails of the traveler lines over the binnacle so that they are close at hand in case I need to pop them out of the cam cleat in a gust. I can also make sail trim adjustments from the helm or adjust from there after tacking, but rarely do so. If I'm going to adjust for sail trim, I usually go forward so that I can adjust the sheet, traveler and outhaul as needed.

JeffC