[C320-list] New Catalina 320 Website

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Wed Jan 30 18:30:37 PST 2008

Hi Randy,

  The association owns both the .org and .com domain names now.  The .com is
a bit easier to find as a website for most people, but the real reason is
more complicated.  :)   The discussion list and website are now hosted on
different services, so that hopefully, they're never both down at the same
time.

The company that hosts the .org name would not allow us to use over 1GB of
disk space.  We were actually using closer to 2gb of space because of the
photo gallery, but fortunately they didn't seem to notice.  In order to get
the new site online, I needed another place to put it.  With our new host we
have ~400GB of space, but the performance isn't great.

We'll fix the performance issues, but that just takes a bit more money.  :)

-Jeff