[C320-list] I have a hot stuffing box...

Chris Willems inquire at snet.net
Thu Jul 3 14:21:54 PDT 2008

Kudos to e marine - I had contacted them earlier in
the week about my concern, and Paul had a
complimentary replacement set of GFO packing sent out
to me.  That is great customer service!

The box is still running warm... I did not ease back
on it today, and it is not as hot as it has been.  I
will change the stuffing and NOT tighten it down...

Jeff - the stuffing box leaked a bit from the aft end
- where the threads are - when I eased off on it for
the third time, and then snugged it up hand tight
until it stopped leaking.  I am concerned about
alignment and am going to have a professional look at
it next week.  I have a gap tester, but there is no
gap to test...

Joe-  I got the old stuffing out mostly using the 90
degree angle pick from the master mechanic MM186445 MM
4PC Hook & Pick Set.  I found it in my local hardware
store, or I'm sure you can find it online.

Chris
Chrysalis #828