[C320-list] Nominations

Karl Mielenhausen _/) C320 at suddenlink.net
Sat Jul 5 08:58:55 PDT 2008

To Catalina 320 IA Members:

It's time to think about a slate of officers for the upcoming year.
According to our Bylaws, officers are to be elected at the annual meeting
and serve from the annual meeting for one year. It is my responsibility,
as acting commodore, to solicit interested members, which I have done via
a Mainsheet article, a website article, and now this appeal. We will also
take nominations from the floor at the annual meeting.

I, personally, am willing to accept the nomination for commodore provided
someone steps forward to run for vice-commodore and someone agrees to run
for the Mainsheet technical editor position.

Pat Reynolds has agreed to remain as our secretry-treasurer and it will be
my pleasure to nominate him at the meeting.

Jeff Hare has agreed to remain as our webmaster and it will be my pleasure
to nominate him at the meeting.

Rod Boer has agreed to return (officially) to the position of Mainsheet
association editor. Actually, he has been continuing to edit it for the
last several issues, even though he had earlier resigned. He would not
mind turning this over to someone else, however. What is critical is that
we get a new technical editor in place. Dividing the work that way makes
both manageable.

Also, I will be bringing our remaining stock of burgees to the regatta for
those that are interested in purchasing one.
If someone has a keen interest in expanding our ships store to include
other items and establishing cross-promotions with other vendors in
exchange for discounts, Jeff and I would appreciate hearing about your
interest and ideas.

--
Karl Mielenhausen
Catalina 320 Hull 690