[C320-list] mystery fix

james_delong james_delong at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 5 13:42:54 PDT 2008

Using the many and great comments I received on the question on how to find the problem of a non-functioning fuel gauge, I attempted the fix yesterday.

Easiest suggestion was to check the connections on the pink wire connecting the fuel sender with the gauge. I took off the gauge panel exposing all the wiring. Fiddled with the firmly connected wires, taped the gauge with the handle of the screwdriver and reinstalled the panel.

Turned the key and bingo...the gauge worked. Plus the ignition alarm began to ring. This has not been functioning for months! Two fixes for the price of one...and I don't even know what the hell I did! Any ideas??

Aren't these things fun!!

Jim  #453