[C320-list] Attention List Users

Karl Mielenhausen _/) C320 at suddenlink.net
Mon Jul 7 12:25:33 PDT 2008

Time for my quarterly association membership pitch...

I am pleased to report that Catalina 320 association membership now stands
at 379 boats, which I believe is the highest it has been in the 2+ years
that Elaine and I have owned Silver Lining and have been members. I
observe, however, that several of you who actively use the discussion list
are not yet dues-paying members of the association. You may not realize
that membership in the association and membership in the discussion list
are not the same. While the association governing board has made a
conscious decision to keep the list free and open to all, let me remind
you that being a member of the association not only helps to fund the
operating costs associated with the website and the discussion list, but
it also qualifies you for many other benefits. I'm sure you'd agree that
the free advice and tips found here can easily save you the cost of a
membership, if not hundreds or thousands of dollars.

An excellent summary of membership benefits may be found here...
http://pages.suddenlink.net/kmielen/SellSheet.GIF

At $24/year, our association dues are among the lowest for the various
Catalina models. All of our officers are unpaid and, unlike some other
associations, they receive no reimbursement for travel expenses to
meetings and boatshows.

If you currently are an association member, please check the expiry date
on your Mainsheet address label. We have 21 memberships that expired on
6/30 that have not yet renewed!!! If we had all of those, we would
actually have 400 members!!

If you chose to join (or renew) in the next week or so, you will be
assured of receiving the next (August) issue of the quarterly all-Catalina
magazine, Mainsheet. We now offer a PayPal option, or you can print out
the registration page and mail a check. PayPal is especially useful to our
non-US owners as it avoids the increasingly difficult foreign currency
transactions.

To join the Catalina 320 Association, follow this link....
http://www.catalina320.com/article.php?story=20061127183851355

Also, you don't have to be an current owner to join the association. If
you are contemplating purchase of any Catalina, you may find a Mainsheet
subscription especially valuable, and might want to join our association
in order to receive it along with the other benefits.

Thanks for your continued support.

--
Karl Mielenhausen
Catalina 320 Hull 690