[C320-list] Zinc Problem

John Ellis jr_ellis100 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 27 21:26:03 PDT 2008

This afternoon I unscrewed the zinc in the Westerbeke heat exchanger and was disappointed to pull out very little. The last time I checked it was in good shape, with maybe 80% left. I think it’s broken apart, since I can’t push the new zinc into its place. Since I don't have the manual for this engine, I hesitate to start dismantling things in case they don’t go back together easily. Has anyone with a Westerbeke engine solved this problem before? Any ideas would be very welcome.

John
Allegro #271