[C320-list] ST-60 Anemometer repair

catalina at thehares.com catalina at thehares.com
Wed Jul 2 15:37:31 PDT 2008

Hi Jon,

  I visited Raymarine when they were over in Nashua in 2003 with my
anemometer and talked with the service guy who repaired it on the spot
while I watched.

All he did for the "slow turning" problem was to soak the tube (with the
wind cups and weather vane thingy removed) in a dish of WD40 for about 10
minutes, spinning it a bit from time to time.

It's been purring like a kitten since.

He suggested doing it annually, but I don't go up the mast that often.

Just to head off jumping all over me over whether it's a good idea to do
this or not, this is what he said they've always done with this unit.  Who
knows for sure, but it did the trick nicely for me.  :)

Cheers!
-Jeff