[C320-list] Thumb Screws

catalina at thehares.com catalina at thehares.com
Thu Jul 3 12:34:32 PDT 2008

I got tired of them breaking and getting snagged.  I went to Home Depot
and got some SS round-head bolts (like the kind used on shaft zincs that
can take an allen wrench).

I retapped the holes to use a slightly larger diameter bolt and they work
great and replacements are available at about every hardware store.  I can
tighten them by hand, pliers or allen wrench.

In any case, don't forget to use some anti-seizing grease.

McMaster Carr is also a good place to get the replacements, but check the
thread pitch.  They seem to use a very fine pitch thread.

Cheers.
-Jeff