[C320-list] Thumb Screws

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 6 07:11:52 PDT 2008

Hank, I found them in an Ace Hardware store in the yellow sliding drawers
around the storm door parts. There are various sizes. You'll want to be
armed with the old ones so you can match the thread.

I ended up not using them. The plate didn't exactly match the curve of the
mast. I found that cap screws worked better. They have an allan hex head. I
have to have an allan wrench with me; but, I rarely have to do anything with
it.

Final caution, be sure to use an anti-corrosion compound on the screws to
prevent galvanic corrosion between the screw and the mast.

Warren & Pattie Updke
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay