[C320-list] ST-60 Anemometer repair

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 14:33:36 PDT 2008

Thanks Jeff,

Went up this weekend while waiting for the weather to clear. I sent it down
to someone on the dock who sprayed it liberally with WD-40 at both ends.
After about 10 minutes of this and a test at the dock, up it went...works
like a charm! I confirmed with Ray Marine on Thursday that WD-40 or CRC is
the way to go and not something like McLube. BTW, it took me a while to
realize you were referring to the vertical tube and not the horizontal--

I did have some idle time up there and did check the windvane and sheaves
etc, but I'll wait to replace the vane until it needs it...

BTW--the Top climber is a great device when one has to work at the very top
of the mast and need both hands--I've used one now for 5 or so seasons and
there is no comparison to a regular bosuns chair! Unfortunately it is quite
pricey...

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582