[C320-list] Air Conditioner install questions.

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Mon Jul 7 07:50:12 PDT 2008

My drain is to the center of the stern from the starboard locker. Are
you not going to duct the return air? You are correct that the unit
is very noise by your head and the 320 next to me has it at the foot
of the bead in the port locker which is much quitter but more list
and lost space. The duct runs on a port installation are very short
and would be more efficient if you are in a hot climate like Texas.

Pat #130

At 09:33 AM 7/7/2008, you wrote:
>I vaguely remember a post where some one T'd off a drain for AC
>water.  Does any one have info or photos.  Also looking for same on
>installation of AC unit in starboard aft locker.  Rather than
>cutting return vent near the unit was considering venting the small
>hatchway in aft cabin by so I did not have to listen to the unit
>quite as much.  Theory being return air could go through vented
>hatch to unit on starboard shelf.
>
>Any opinions welcomed.
>

>David J Cardoza
>dave at avaloncon.com