[C320-list] Air Conditioner install questions.

David J Cardoza dave at avaloncon.com
Mon Jul 7 11:03:57 PDT 2008

Thanks everyone for your responses I've already got the the outputs ducted to both the main and rear cabins and have the electrical in place.  Really the water source and air return were the big questions.  I'm going to try it starboard for now tucked way in and I just called the marina to haul and put the through hull in for the feed (doing my best this year to keep one marina employee fully employed).  It will be easy to change over the winter to the other side if I find it annoying as I will not be cutting the large return through the fiberglass.  I'm going to make a vented door to put in place for now for return air flow similar to what is listed below.  the height of the door is 11.25 inches which means a 2' piece of 1x12 will work just fine (cheep).  If I'm happy I'll cut a vent into the original door next season.   I don't know if my workmanship will stand up to the rest on the association web side but I'll take pictures.

Spent last year high and dry due to work schedule so I'm making up for it this year in $1k boat units.  So far new shaft and bearing, new batteries,  1000w inverter and new AC unit not to mention for the first time ever I had the yard prep, wax and bottom paint.  So I put the inverter and AC (for the most part) in.

David J Cardoza
dave at avaloncon.com