[C320-list] AC inverters

Monte B. mjbc60 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 7 17:16:33 PDT 2008

I would agree with OD on this one. If you have that much AC usage and
capacity I would wire it directly into the AC input with a voltage sensing
relay to take it off line when shore power is on the boat. To power the
system from an outlet may invoke the law of unintended consequences, I.E.
feeding through a circuit without current over load protection as in a fuse
or breaker. You would then be relying on the inverter for circuit over load
protection and the inverter over load protection was designed to protect the
inverter not the circuit.

Monte