[C320-list] 4D batteries

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 05:55:13 PDT 2008

Kirk,

I have the same setup. The AH on the 4D's are rated at 200 each. I've had
mine for 5 seasons and they are still going strong. I have a Link monitor
and I've never run mine below 120 AH before a charge so I'm not sure how
much lower they will go. I am on a slip with shore power, but every season
we do a 2 week trip away from shore power with the stock 55 amp alternator
using fridge full time. I usually see between 30-55 AH's drawn in a 24 hour
period and I can replace these with 2-4 hours motoring--usually satisfied
while under way.
You can run them completely down without ruining the batteries and they are
great for us in the North during winter layup. You don't have to top them up
and can store them on the boat. They are almost fully charged in the
Spring...
I believe the Lifeline brand will give you 205 or 210 each....

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582