[C320-list] Full tank smell

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Sun Jul 13 16:22:50 PDT 2008

Adam,

It certainly could be the hose your vent. However, you may want to check and
see if you can smell fuel around the aft water tank--in the corner where the
water tubing comes out of the tank and along the engine pan. I had an
intermittent odor for two seasons and every time I thought I eliminated the
possibility of a tank leak, the smell would return. Turns out I had a very
small pin hole in the tank and replaced it. The way I finally confirmed it
(denial??) was to put some oil absorbent pads behind the water tank--in
between the water and fuel tank. After about a week I would find a little
bit of diesel that had dribbled down--good luck and hope it's not a tank
leak!

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582