[C320-list] Portable Generators

Thu Jul 17 19:18:25 PDT 2008

Apparently, you didn't see my earlier post on the 2000e

----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: "Amirault Family - S&B" [amiraults at sympatico.ca]
Sent: 07/17/2008 07:14 PM
To: <c320-list at lists.catalina320.com>
Subject: [C320-list] Portable Generators

I wish to both charge batteries and use AC power to heat water on my 320
while on the hook through the use of a portable gas-powered generator. I am
looking at three models; a Yamaha 1000, and Honda 1000 and 2000. The Yamaha
beats the Honda 1000 on specification and is a tad less expensive. This is
not the point if it fails to do the job. The Honda 2000 is more capable, but
also shows a noisier spec and is heavier. Are any of these three models able
to accomplish my ends, or should I rely on periodically running the diesel
to do this task?

At my club there is no power at the docks, and all charging is done through
the diesel at this time.

Brian Amirault

797 Waltzing Bear, too