[C320-list] Battery Charging w/Onboard Charger

Irving Grunes igrunes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 18:39:21 PDT 2008

Amirault Family

A Xantrex 20 is about $300.

Without an onboard charger, the Power Unit connected to the AC boat input
will only give you power to the outlets and to the water heater if you turn
it on.
You could try to use the Power unit DC output but that is only capable of
about 8 amps DC capacity.
You could get a charger and plug it into the AC outlets on the boat and then
clip the DC cables across the battery.

The meter I talked about is the battery voltage and the AC connection will
have nothing to do with the battery meter without an onboard charger.

Irving Grunes
Isle of Wight #851