[C320-list] Battery Charging w/Onboard Charger

Amirault Family - S&B amiraults at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 24 17:56:43 PDT 2008

Irving, Bear does have an onboard charger; I just have not been in a
position to use it as there is no power at the slip. While at the boat today
between t-storms, I discovered that it did come with both long and short
shore power cords and a standard plug adaptor. Weather permitting I will
give generator charging a whirl on Saturday.

I am still in search of a an isolation pad to put under the generator while
it is sitting on the deck. Neither Home Depot nor Canadian Tire carried one.
I will try Princess Auto.

I recently described my sail club as "poor". This was an unfortunate word
choice. It is a wonderful club with a fine harbour, is populated with
friendly and helpful sailors and has a strong volunteer spirit. It is
financially challenged and thus there are no member slips with shore power.
The 450 or so boats in harbour share 2 pump out slips and 5 temporary use
service dock slips which do have water and electricity.

Brian Amirault

797 Waltzing Bear, too