[C320-list] How Much Chain ?

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 23:30:45 PDT 2008

Hi Joe
Orlando's 'West Marine Advisor' is possibly the best advice you will get.

FWIW, I try always to work on 3 to 4 times the depth of water I am in,
minimum.
I carry 45 metres of chain and have upgraded my anchor to a 35lb NZ Manson.
This is possibly too much.
The NZ Manson sells for about the same price as the equivalent Delta.
My main aim is to put down as much chain as possible. It is the chain that
holds you. The anchor is the last security for me.
Further, I am sure you want to sleep at nights. I do.

Finally the minimum of 15' is often for the 'racing' fraturnity. They do not
plan on sleeping!

Bruce Stanley C320 #1084 "Fantastic Lady"
Sydney Australia