[C320-list] Starting Problem

Joe Barrett joe at dolphinmortgage.com
Mon Jul 28 10:56:02 PDT 2008

 My batteries are fully charged and connections clean both at the batteries
and the Solenoid. I have Hull # 689 with the Yanmar 3GM30F. The Dockmaster
came out to help and started the engine right up using a screwdriver between
the positive and negative connections at the Solenoid. The engine key was in
the off position. Question why was there power to the Solenoid with the key
off, the boat was plugged into shore power. Where do I look to fix this
starting problem? Bad key connection at the Navpod? Bad Solenoid? All
suggestions welcome.
Help!
Joe Barrett

computer.