[C320-list] Max RPM on Yanmar YM30

bruceheyman at cox.net bruceheyman at cox.net
Wed Jul 30 07:09:08 PDT 2008

Crosby,
The black smoke is typical from rapid acceleration and overloaded engine.  It is actually unburnt fuel.  You got that smoke because the engine was trying to run faster than the engine could turn the prop.
We usually don't get black smoke till about 3200 rpm.
Bruce
Somerset 671 SoCal
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T