[C320-list] Hot Water Bypass

BAdams3491 at aol.com BAdams3491 at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 10:46:29 PDT 2008

Went over to the boat yesterday and looked again at my water heater.   I
don't know how I can hook up a bypass.  On my boat (don't know about any  others),
the two water inlets on the heater are side by side, on the bottom of  the
tank.  The problem is the intake hose for the "cold in" on the  right side of
the tank, comes off the tank and goes straight down through a hole  in the hull.
 The hose for the "hot out" goes up, makes a loop, and  comes down almost
over the cold line, then back thru the same hole the cold line  uses.  Since all
the 15mm line is very stiff, there does not seem to be a  way to get a line in
there that would straight so as to connect the two lines as  needed for a
bypass.

Wonder if this hosing can be heated then bent?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Bert
At Ease