[C320-list] Leaky Sink

Mike Shoffner drshoffner at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 15:36:17 PDT 2008

My sink on #171 has sprung a leak.  It's a pin-hole leak near the drain, apparently from corrosion.  There may be a way to repair the existing sink, but it's not pretty and shinny like the newer sinks, and I'd like to just replace it.  The sinks in the mature 320's are mounted from below, but I haven't taken out the drawer unit and stood on my head to see exactly how it's mounted.  The newer model's sinks are a drop in mount with a lip which overhangs the counter cutout.  Has anyone replaced their older sinks with one of the newer models, and does the newer sink fit the same opening, or does it require modification of the existing opening?  If anyone has experienced removing the older sinks, how much trouble was it?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Mike