[C320-list] Ok, So who's attending the regatta? - Update

bstumpp at comcast.net bstumpp at comcast.net
Wed Jun 25 20:43:17 PDT 2008

Jeff and others,

The list of attendees is getting longer and the turnout of boats looks like it will be big.  Port Annapolis marina is allowing space for 15 boats and they are almost all gone.  We have been offered a few backup slips at the next marina so everyone needs to get their reservations in as soon as possible.  Here are a few points of interest for the members who are attending or are on-the-fence:
1.  If you are planning to attend please get your registration form and check to us as soon as you can.  Contractually, we need to start advising our caterers on our final numbers.
If you need to send the check later, then send an email to C320Regatta08 at comcast.net and let us know you are coming and send the check later.
2. We’ve been asked if the $135 registration fee includes the Friday dinner cruise and the Saturday evening gala awards dinner.  The answer is – yes – the fee includes the dinners, the cruise, drawings, etc.  And we have children’s rates this year.
3. You do not have to bring your boat.   The people that are bringing their boats will take you out cruising and/or racing Saturday and cruising on Sunday.  And don’t forget your hotel reservation if you need one, we have special rates reserved for this event.  If you are bringing your boat, we’ve managed a great rate for this time of year too.
4. For you cruisers, here’s your chance to sail on a 320 Saturday and Sunday in the historic waters of Annapolis – the Severn, Chesapeake Bay and Ego Alley.  Also, cruise aboard the 65-foot Cabaret II and enjoy a Maryland-style buffet dinner.  Don’t forget your lei when boarding.
5. For you racers, this is your chance to compete and be the winner of the annual C320IA INTERNATIONAL regatta – take home a “V”ictory C320IA burgee and the perpetual half hull plaque where your name and boat name will be engraved.  Also, the Friday evening dinner cruise is now scheduled so we can have a front row seat for the start of the Maryland Governor’s Cup race – a sail race down the bay after dusk with almost 400 boats participating.
6.  Meet and party with other 320 owners from around the country, see how others have modified their boats, and sail in unfamiliar waters
7.  We had hoped to have a speaker nailed down by now for Saturday night but we’re still working on it.  We were close to getting Gary Jobson but he has a commitment in Rhode Island that weekend.  We’re now working on the executive director of the National Sailing Hall of Fame planned for Annapolis.  It should be interesting so stay tuned.
8. Have you been to the boat show in Annapolis?  Well, this weekend will be different – guaranteed!  You’ll get to see and enjoy Annapolis as it really is - no massive crowds, and the waterfront is open and not packed with vendors and floating docks.
9.  Tie-in a longer vacation with this weekend.  There are many historic and other fun things to do in the area – for example, did you know the Stars Spangled Banner was written outside Fort McHenry just north of Annapolis in Baltimore?

Much of this information and more – the agenda, registration form, menus, local attractions, etc. - is on the C320IA website at: www.catalina320.com. Have a question?  Send it to C320Regatta08 at comcast.net.

Warren Updike and I are out sailing the Bay for two weeks and will be back in town the 28th, we’ll give you an update then when we’ll have all the latest in front of us.  We hope many of you will join us – this is going to be a terrific weekend.

Bruce Stumpp
Co-Coordinator, 2008 C320IA Meeting and Regatta
#647, Adventure
Frog Mortar Creek, MD

Hi All,
Sounds like we have lots of boats,  a great cruise with front row parking at a big regatta,  food, activities and from what I hear, Orlando will be gracing the fashion runway in one of his famous Hawaiian shirts and yellow thong.  Perhaps I heard that last part wrong.
Anyway,   there's still enough time left to make hotel and transportation reservations, so if you're on the fence or have never attended one of our annual events, believe me you won't be sorry you attended.  (other than the fact that it's addicting and you'll want to go again next year).
So. Who's going?
Cheers!
-Jeff