[C320-list] Fuel sender Removal and Ohm readings

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 03:29:53 PDT 2008

Hi All
the fuel Sender fix, continues. Following, Jeff's instructions,
I was able to remove the fuel Sender! Thanks Jeff.

After removing the Sender the Ohm readings are as follows:
(12v Multimeter Ohm setting on 200)
The Fuel Gauge reads FULL, with the fuel Tank near empty.
Sender Float in Full Position = 31.3 OHMS
Sender Float in 80% Full position = 195.4 OHMS
Sender Float in Empty position = null

Does this mean the Sender fails after the 80% Empty Position?
Think I am chasing a new Fuel Gauge?!

all comments appreciated

Bruce Stanley
Sydney