[C320-list] Autopilot

David Nolte dcnolte at mac.com
Tue Jun 3 13:37:09 PDT 2008

I just spent three days helping a new member of our "club" bring his
just purchased C320 (#614) home from Washington DC to just outside
Baltimore, MD.  About 40 miles as the crow flies but almost 200nm by
water. It was a wonderful trip. (Warren & Bruce, I'll work on getting
him to come to the regatta.)

Along the way I fell in love with his Raymarine ST4000+, and am
thinking about buying one. However, when I went down to my boat
today, I realized that my control panel on the pedestal looks to be
too high (I never would have said that about it before!) to
accommodate the wheel attachment for the autopilot. Has anyone put an
autopilot on an older boat like mine, & how did you do it? Can you
lower the control panel?

Thanks,

David Nolte
Beach House #4