[C320-list] fridge fan

Allan S. Field allan.field at comcast.net
Wed Jun 4 17:56:04 PDT 2008

Monte - The computer fan is pre-drilled in the corners with holes for
mounting screws.  The fan was mounted to the side of the fridge box through
the 4 holes in the fans; I did drill holes for the screws.  Getting the
snake into the chase took some pushing to get through the putty that
surrounds the hole in the side of the fridge box where the coolant line/temp
dial wire passes out of the box and into the chase - but it does go.  The
chase goes aft for about 4 feet or so (basically, the width of the aft cabin
bunk) and exits right in front of the fridge compressor.  I then ran the fan
wire back to the fridge switch on the electric panel.  That way, when the
fridge is on, the fan is on.  I believe that the fan is rated to work
something like 50,000 hours which is like almost 6 years if running
continuously.  And if memory serves me correctly, the fan was only about
$25.  In 6 years, I could have bought a ton of little batteries for those
battery operated fans!

Hope this helps. - Allan