[C320-list] Lifelines

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 08:02:22 PDT 2008

Jim,
I often tow a dinghy and always back in. Our finger piers are so short that
a bow-in tie-up is just not a reasonable option. When towing the dinghy, I
walk the tow lines to the bow as I approach the marina fairway and secure it
with a fairly short lead. When I start backing, it streams off the bow. When
I am secure in my slip, I walk it to the stern, board it there and run it
ashore. I am no longer agile (meaning trim) enough to board the dinghy by
crawling under the lifelines and dropping from the bow, heheheh.

--
Chris Burti
Farmville, NC