[C320-list] Boat bum.

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 18 10:01:02 PDT 2008

Yes Adam, but can he cook as good as you?  Ken

esquirecatering at rcn.com wrote:  I agree with you 100%. I never depend on backing KELE. The only use of reverse, in my docking perspective, is to grind the gears in case you come in too hot. It doesn't stop the boat, it just grinds gears.

Now, one of my sailing buddies, Mike, can manouever my boat under power like it is a Porsche moving it inches here, a degree there, etc. He is half my age (and I was sailing long before he was born) but he can do it.

As for me, I assume my first approach to the dock is my only approach.

Adam

Backing at all (let alone straight) is something I simply can't get my
boat to do, so I don't rely on it as part of the docking process.
I've told my wife that when docking, if we miss we'll simply circle
and try again, since we have little/no effective reverse/braking power.

Bob