[C320-list] Autoprop Zinc

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Thu Jun 19 05:05:17 PDT 2008

Larry,

Interestingly enough, prior to this past season I had to replace my AP zinc
twice a season even though my shaft zinc (Godfrey) would be fine for the
year. This season I kept her in the water over the winter (Boston) and the
diver said my zinc showed almost no deterioration. This was from about
October to May. He attributed some of that to most boats other than live
aboards being out and the colder water in the winter. I'll have the zincs
checked again in about a month and will be interested to see how they are. I
bought a bunch from AB this spring.

One of the members of this list did a test with zincs that were sold on the
net for less money. Apparently they were lighter than the AP purchased zincs
and therefore not really cheaper at the end of the day--just like buying
cereal with less in the package for the same price--

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582