[C320-list] Sailing In Reverse

Thu Jun 19 12:11:50 PDT 2008

Chris,

I had the same prop on #112 (Perkins) and that's exactly how I sailed,
with the snifter in reverse..

             Chris Block
             <chris_block at com
             cast.net>                                                 To
             Sent by:                 <C320-List at Catalina320.com>
             c320-list-bounce                                          cc
             s at lists.catalina
             320.com                                              Subject
                                      Re: [C320-list] Sailing In Reverse

             06/19/2008 11:58
             AM

              Please respond
             C320-List at Catali
                na320.com

Does keeping the trans in reverse prevent the shft from moving or just
slow it down?

My Martec 2 blade folding only stays folded in 2 different shaft
positions.  I was considering a shaft lock for thatreason as well as
reducing the wear even in reverse.

The talk on this thread makes me think putting the trans in reverse
eliminates the need for a shaft lock.

True?