[C320-list] New Boat knocking noise

bruceheyman at cox.net bruceheyman at cox.net
Sun Jun 22 08:00:30 PDT 2008

Jerry,
A mechanic in St. Petersburg FL told me that the mounts for the Yanmar are too soft.  He said you can get everything lined up but when the engine was up to speed the torque would cause the engine to twist and hence the log and cuttlas were no longer in alignment.  He said that for that reason Yanmar now has two versions of the mounts for our boat, one soft (quite and smooth) and the other stiff (stays in alignment).  I never verified the mechanic's information.
Good luck.
Bruce
Somerset 671 SoCal
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T