[C320-list] What is top RPM ?

catalina at thehares.com catalina at thehares.com
Mon Jun 23 13:09:36 PDT 2008

Hmm...

I have to admit that I closed my Yanmar manual as fast as I opened it.
It's pretty much a steaming pile of bad english.  I never could find
anything I was looking for in it.  Now, having a decent Shop manual
written by people who both know how to write and also understand the
engine would be worth looking at.

But to answer Joe's question with a general response:

1) 3600 is MAX RPM
2) 3200 for a limited time (~hour or less)
3) 2200-3000 indefinitely.  (We motored for 9 hours straight once at
roughly 2900 rpm and it purred the whole time.)  Well, that's what it
sounded like with my hearing protection on... :)

-Jeff H.