[C320-list] Fwd: What is top RPM ?

Karl Mielenhausen _/) c320 at suddenlink.net
Mon Jun 23 13:22:18 PDT 2008

Joe,

I think some of the others might be being a bit harsh.

I found the Yanmar manual to be lacking in specific operating
instructions, for example, they caution to race the engine every 2 hrs
when operating at low rpms, but never define what low is. They do not
include a power curve. Suggest you invest in the SELOC and/or Clymer shop
manuals.

Based on info from other sources, including a power curve I found in some
promotional literature on the internet, I created a fuel efficiency
spreadsheet, which can be found here....
http://pages.suddenlink.net/kmielen/C320Docs/FuelEff.xls

Bottom line is that you should be able to achieve 3600 rpm.
Cruise between 2400 and 3400 rpm. Cruising under 2400 rpm requires the
hourly runup.