[C320-list] Time for cleaning and waxing

c320no410 at aol.com c320no410 at aol.com
Tue Jun 24 06:39:02 PDT 2008

 My sore arms are still fresh in my mind - my C320 celebrated it's 11th birthday and I treated it to a deep clean and wax.?? I used a light rubbing compound to fully remove old oxidized gel coat and followed up with a cleaner/wax product that had in the past offered me pretty good gloss retention.?? I used two random orbit buffers (one to apply and one to remove/buff) so I didn't have to let the applications sit too long and dry out to a crusty - hard to remove state.??? It took about 1.5 hours for each side of the hull.? Total 3 hours.?? If it was just a clean/wax job I'd say time could be reduced to less than one hour per side.??? I did this on the hard and used staging with a stack of fresh bonnets for each of the buffers near at hand so I could avoid going up and down the ladders.? I have the fin keel model and ladders and staging are are requirement to reach the topsides.

Hope this information helps.

Gary Doodlesack
C320 No 410
Lady Diane