[C320-list] New Engine Mounts

Charles Greenwell CGreenwell at sparusa.com
Thu Jun 26 11:33:15 PDT 2008

I have the Flex-O-Fold prop.  I have vibration at Mid RPMs.  None at low
or high.  None in reverse.

I changed the cutlass bearing this spring and it did not help.  I put
the original 3 bladed prop back on and the vibration is still there but
not as bad. I aligned the engine mounts to specs. No help.

While running at 1800 RPMs I went below and investigated.  There is no
wobble in the shaft so to speak. I can put my finger on it as it spins
and feel a little vibration but not much. So, I have been toying with
the idea of changing the motor mounts to see if that will help.  I
suspect that it is some kind of harmonic resonation that works its way
into the hull.

I can say that since putting the Flex-o-Fold back on, it is more
pronounced and is a bit annoying.

Perhaps before I change the mounts, I will try a "Drive Saver" to
isolate the engine form the shaft.  Is anyone using one of these?
Comments?

Randy