[C320-list] I have a hot stuffing box...

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Mon Jun 30 20:24:26 PDT 2008

Based on the experiences I had when I switched to the GFO stuff two
years ago you should save your money.  The flax stuffing I had to remove
was so compressed that I ruined two of those tools before I finally gave
up and found something else that worked.  What worked best for me was a
set of small stainless steel picks sold by Stanley Tools at the local
hardware store.  These are not quite a sharp, but are stronger, than
ordinary dental picks, which I also tried, but which bent and broke. The
trick of using drywall screws also failed for me.

Scott Thompson