[C320-list] Lewmar Wheel - was Pedestal ICOM command mike

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 18:57:29 PST 2008

Hi Allan

Edson Helms on the recent C320s (mine and at least 3 others) are indeed
wobbly.
I have that Lewmar Helm on my WANT list, even my NEED LIST.
I am amazed at your experiences.
Your photo on the C320 site shows a beautifully designed, folding Lewmar
Helm.
That it proved a dud in your 2 attempts !!! ... has me lost for words,
and is a very big disappointment!

I do appreciate knowing that first.
Was the problem in the 4 folding 'hinge' areas, or where the spokes join the
hub?
Was Orlando's Helm identical to yours?

Thanks for keeping us in the know,
Bruce Stanley C320 #1084/Fantastic Lady
Sydney Australia

PS the Turks Head knot in the photo has inspired me to do the same ;o>