[C320-list] Dutchman system

Gates argates2nd at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 00:37:16 PDT 2008

Scott,
1995 hull 182 with full battened mainsail has a halyard style topping lift
system with a continuous loop thru 2 system clamps.  I do not see a
reference to a 3 nylon line control system in the May 1993 Dutchman manual
that came with our system?
If 3 lines is a refinement, it may be overkill since 2 lines flake the main
all right and have less things to maintain.

I broke one of our 2 nylon monofilament control lines while racing today, so
I have the manual out trying to get the clamps back in the correct place.
Dutchman is not perfect but I prefer it marginally to Lazy Mate we had on
another boat.    Rollie